continuum-users mailing list archives

From Christian Mouttet <christian.mout...@it2media.de>
Subject Re: How to make Continuum respect maven installation-wide settings.xml?
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 12:13:10 GMT
Grüetzi Michael,

it seems that you have the same problem as I have. You may take a look at
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-488 where a lot of comments and
trials are listed.

What's your system? If Linux - what distribution? Emmanuel sucessfully tested
it with Fedora 4. For my SuSE SLES-9 it's not running.

-chris

Am Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2006 12:02 schrieb Michael Böckling:
> Thank you Emmanuel for your help, but unfortunately, this isn't working,
> it still says "${curr-scm-root}Build/Parent-Project" in the Continuum
> project info page.
> When I go to /opt/continuum-1.0.2/apps/continuum/working-directory/6817
> and type "mvn help:effective-pom", everything looks right, the element
> "project.scm.connection" is properly interpolated. Could it be that
> Continuum does not interpolate pom values upon project import?
>
> Regards,
>     Michael
>
> > You must copy your settings.xml in
> > ${continuum.home}/bin/YOUR_OS/conf/settings.xml.
> > Absolute path of settings.xml is written in your continuum logs.
> >
> > Why don't you define it in ${user.home}/.m2/settings.xml?
> >
> > Emmanuel
> >
> > Michael Böckling a écrit :
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> in have a settings.xml in my maven installation directory where I
> >> define an active profile:
> >> <activeProfile>dev</activeProfile>
> >> My SCM information in the POM depend on a profile being activated,
> >> because I want to be able to switch between different repository
> >> roots depending on the environment (dev/int/prod).
> >> When I try to import a project to Continuum, the profile does not get
> >> activated, because the settings.xml in the Maven installation
> >> directory is obviously not being read, resulting in a SCM url like
> >> this: "${curr-scm-root}Build/Parent-Project". The property
> >> ${curr-scm-root}is not interpolated, because the profile is not
> >> activated.
> >> Is there a way to configure Continuum such that it reads
> >> maven-2.0.2/conf/settings.xml, or must I copy settings.xml somewhere
> >> in my continuum installation so it gets picked up?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>    Michael

Diese E-Mail wurde auf Viren ueberprueft.
mailsweeper@it2media.de