continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Jonathan" <jjohn...@454.com>
Subject multi-module maven 2 project
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:31:42 GMT
I'm using maven 2.0.2, Continuum 1.0.2 and java 1.5.  My project is a
multi-module that is laid out in the recommended maven 2 manner and is
building my projects (phew).  I have a couple questions about my
experiences so far.

1.	When I change some information in my parent pom.xml (such as the
developer list.)  do I have to readd the pom again.  Is there a refresh
option?

2.	If I add my parent pom.xsl it adds all the child modules again
and there are duplicate modules in the continuum projects list.  I then
have to remove my old modules and readjust the local continuum settings
such as the schedule and targets.  When I apply and updated pom, I wish
it just updated them and kept my local continuum settings.

3.	Removing projects from continuum can take several minutes.

4.	Adding project to continuum takes several minutes.

5.	Is performance being addressed or am I doing something wrong?
I'm running red hat linux box with a decent processor.  My multi-module
project only has about 1000 classes.  Its take me about 15 minutes to
update a pom.xml in continuum.

LEGAL NOTICE:
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It
is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents or any action taken
(or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee,
please inform the sender immediately.