continuum-users mailing list archives

From Denis Fuenzalida <denis.fuenzal...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with subversion
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 18:41:24 GMT
Hi,

I'm a new Maven2+Continuum user. I'm testing an environment with Maven
2.0.1, Continuum 1.0.2 with Eclipse 3.1 and Subversion on Windows XP.

I created a simple application with "mvn archetype:create ...",
created the eclipse workspace files with "mvn eclipse:eclipse",
imported the project into eclipse, and got it just ok. i added the
whole project to version control using the subclipse plugin. This
worked fine too.

Added the scm configuration to the pom.xml:

and uploaded the pom.xml to continuum, to add a maven2 project.

On the *first* build, it works ok, but any *later* build fails with a
subversion error:

Provider message: The svn command failed.
Command output:
svn: La copia de trabajo 'target' no tiene lock
(translation: "the 'target' working copy doesn't have a lock)

The problem is that after continuum checked-out the project from the
repository and built it, the 'target' folder used by the build process
is not under version control, so the next time that subversion updates
the project in that folder, theres a problem with that folder and the
build fails.

As a workaround, i can open a shell to the working dir of continuum,
do a "mvn clean" to get rid of the 'target' folder, but i have to do
it manually.

How can i configure continuum or the pom.xml to solve this problem?
(maybe a build from scratch option)? Am i missing some concept here?

Thanks in advice for your comments,

Denis
--
"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"
-- The Beatles, "The End"