continuum-users mailing list archives

From Bob Herrrmann <...@jadn.com>
Subject Custom Notifier
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 03:22:16 GMT
I would like to use my own Custom Notifier for sending email.   Our
build/test process generates 10mb of output (we have a fairly large project
with over 3000 tests.)   I would like to  write a customer Notifier which
summarizes this output to just a few lines (usually we are only interested
in what changed and what broke - failing tests.)   Is there an obvious way
to do this?

A crude way would be to email the output to a email address that pipes the
email into a shell script which uses java or sed or grep or something to
respin the email.  It could then forward the resulting message to the proper
people, I was hoping for something like plugging in a new class or some
such.

Thanks
-bob