continuum-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Wynn <bigwy...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem running test cases with maven/continuum
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:17:35 GMT
I have a problem running a test case for my project with continuum.
The test case executes cleanly and succesfully in eclipse.  Then when
continuum tries to run it continuum hangs.  The last log statement I
see is RUNNING TEST CASES.

If I set -Dmaven.test.skip=true Continuum runs to completion.

I think it has to do with classloaders.  The test case extends an
AbstractTestCase that is declared as a compile dependancy (no scope is
specified).  In the AbstractTestCase resources are loaded from the
classpath.  These resources live in the src/main/resources directory
for the AbstractTestCase project. AbstractTestCase lives in
src/main/java.

To make things more clear.

Project B defines Project A as a dependancy.
  |__src/main/java contains AbstractTestCase
  |__src/main/resources contains foo.xml

  |__src/main/test contains MyTestCase extends AbstractTestCase

Does continuum/maven do anything special involving classloaders when
running unit tests?

Actually, the more I look at this I am thinking AbstractTestCase
should probably live in src/main/test not src/main/java.  Is that
correct?

Thanks,
Ryan