continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: Continuum problems
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:48:33 GMT

Henri Yandell a écrit :
> Couple of problems with Continuum:
>
> 1) Building from source. Currently (apart from various no such
> notifier errors for irc/mail etc) I'm getting the following as an
> error when I build:

trunk isn't stable, we are in a full refactoring part. You can use continuum-1.0.x branch.
Why do you need to build continuum?

> [surefire] Running org.apache.maven.continuum.it.ShellIntegrationTest
> [surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 74.657 sec
>
> Results :
> [surefire] Tests run: 5, Failures: 2, Errors: 0
>
> and then it quits out. No idea which particular tests are failing as
> I'm not sure who would run afte the ShellIntegration test.

All tests works fine on my machine and on our integration platform. It's perhaps an out of
memory pb
or a timeout when integration tests was running due to available resource on your machine
when you
built.

> 2) xmlrpc python.
>
> Using continuum-1.0.2 release, and using the python in
> continuum-core-it/ I get the following:
>
> [hen@build]$ python continuum_cli.py
> # showProjects
> Error: Continuum instance has no attribute 'getAllProjects'
>
> It is connecting, as running on another machine immediately complains
> about no localhost:8080. Is the xmlrpc stuff out of date?

This feature isn't tested and documentation is out of date.
We don't have officially a xmlrpc client, it will be integrated in next release (java client),
but
you can find it there : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-544

> 3) I spent a bit of time digging into the SOAP stuff. I found out on
> #maven that this is dead now, but the website still talks about it:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/continuum/guides/mini/guide-soap-api.html

We'll fix documentation ;-)

Emmanuel