continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: multi-module maven 2 project
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:36:55 GMT

Johnson, Jonathan a écrit :
> I'm using maven 2.0.2, Continuum 1.0.2 and java 1.5.  My project is a
> multi-module that is laid out in the recommended maven 2 manner and is
> building my projects (phew).  I have a couple questions about my
> experiences so far.
>

> 1.	When I change some information in my parent pom.xml (such as the
> developer list.)  do I have to readd the pom again.  Is there a refresh
> option?

Normally, the pom will be refresh automatically by continuum, but it doens't to do it. File
an issue
about it.
So actually, if your pom isn't updated in continuum, delete your project and readd it.

> 2.	If I add my parent pom.xsl it adds all the child modules again
> and there are duplicate modules in the continuum projects list.  I then
> have to remove my old modules and readjust the local continuum settings
> such as the schedule and targets.  When I apply and updated pom, I wish
> it just updated them and kept my local continuum settings.

File an issue, i'll look at it.
Your modules was already in continuum before adding the parent, right?

> 3.	Removing projects from continuum can take several minutes.

If your project is big, it can take several minutes because we clean all infos in database
and
directories.

> 4.	Adding project to continuum takes several minutes.

Only if you have lot of modules.

> 5.	Is performance being addressed or am I doing something wrong?
> I'm running red hat linux box with a decent processor.  My multi-module
> project only has about 1000 classes.  Its take me about 15 minutes to
> update a pom.xml in continuum.

Is it 15 minutes to checkout/update from scm or to build the project?

Emmanuel