continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: ContinuumBuildExecutorException: Could not find Maven project descriptor
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:58:06 GMT
The 'working directory' is the directory where your files will be checkout
($CONTINUUM_HOME/apps/continuum/working_directory/<projectId>). The pom.xml of your
project must be
there. If it isn't that, your scm url is wrong.

Your scm url is 'scm:cvs:pserver:jjohnson@serverx:/home/Repository:project' so you must have
your
pom.xml in /home/Repository/project in cvs.
For your project, scm url must something like this :
scm:cvs:pserver:jjohnson@serverx:/home/Repository:project/..../modules/myproject

Emmanuel

Johnson, Jonathan a écrit :
>>>You don't have a pom.xml in your working directory.
>

> What does 'working directory' mean.  How would one define it?  Is this a new pom.xml
just for continuum?  What has to be in it?  I do have a parent pom.xml one directory above
my myproject directory.  For the maven 2 parent element the default location for a parent
pom.xml is ../poml.xml.  My Maven 2 build works correctly. I have a pom.xml in the parent
directory and in every module directory as recommended by the maven multi-project directory
layout.  Below is a tree of my project.

>>>Check your scm url for your project.
>
> Also this error occurs without the <scm> tag that was included below, so I think
its unrelated to the exception.

> ├───modules					<-- parent pom.xml here.
> │   ├───Common				<-- pom.xml fo common here.
> │   │   └───src
> │   │       ├───main
> │   │       │   └───java
> │   │       │       └───com
> │   │       │           └───...
> │   │       └───test
> │   │           └───java
> │   │               └───com
> │   │                   └───...
> │   ├───myproject				<-- pom.xml fr myproject here.
> │   │   └───src
> │   │       └───main
> │   │           ├───config
> │   │           ├───java
> │   │           └───resources

It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents or any action taken
(or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee,
please inform the sender immediately.