continuum-users mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuum problems
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:29:12 GMT

> Henri Yandell a écrit :
> > Couple of problems with Continuum:
> >
> > 1) Building from source. Currently (apart from various no such
> > notifier errors for irc/mail etc) I'm getting the following as an
> > error when I build:
>
> trunk isn't stable, we are in a full refactoring part. You can use continuum-1.0.x branch.
> Why do you need to build continuum?

Originally, because I wanted to use the SOAP xfire stuff and I saw an
old email saying they were not released and you had to build from
trunk.

However, I'm also wanting to get stuck into adding features etc, so
will need to be able to compile for that etc.

> > [surefire] Running org.apache.maven.continuum.it.ShellIntegrationTest
> > [surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 74.657 sec
> >
> > Results :
> > [surefire] Tests run: 5, Failures: 2, Errors: 0
> >
> > and then it quits out. No idea which particular tests are failing as
> > I'm not sure who would run afte the ShellIntegration test.
>
> All tests works fine on my machine and on our integration platform. It's perhaps an out
of memory pb
> or a timeout when integration tests was running due to available resource on your machine
when you
> built.

Hmm. 1G of memory on the laptop, so probably enough memory. I'll try
digging into the source a bit.

What's the plan on the refactoring? Any timeline?

> > 2) xmlrpc python.
> >
> > Using continuum-1.0.2 release, and using the python in
> > continuum-core-it/ I get the following:
> >
> > [hen@build]$ python continuum_cli.py
> > # showProjects
> > Error: Continuum instance has no attribute 'getAllProjects'
> >
> > It is connecting, as running on another machine immediately complains
> > about no localhost:8080. Is the xmlrpc stuff out of date?
>
> This feature isn't tested and documentation is out of date.
> We don't have officially a xmlrpc client, it will be integrated in next release (java
client), but
> you can find it there : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-544

I'll give it a shot.

> > 3) I spent a bit of time digging into the SOAP stuff. I found out on
> > #maven that this is dead now, but the website still talks about it:
> >
> > http://maven.apache.org/continuum/guides/mini/guide-soap-api.html
>
> We'll fix documentation ;-)

Thanks.

Hen