continuum-users mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New continuum user...
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 01:07:54 GMT

> Henri Yandell a écrit :
> > Just wanted to let you know that I'm a successful new user of Continuum.
> >
> > I switched over from my quickly scripted 'Integration' product/hackery
> > to get something that I wouldn't have to self-support :)
> >
> > The major things I feel like I've lost are the various reports that my
> > old system would offer. javadoc, pmd, checkstyle, source, simian etc.
> > I know I brought this up on IRC a long time ago, but I've no memory of
> > the answers :) Any plans to have such things in Continuum?
>
> All reports are generated by maven and not by continuum, so if you want them, you must
add the site
> generation in your build definition (and eventually site deployment).

Problem I hit is that I want two sites. A user site and a developer
site. I'm a firm believer that the current Maven site is painful
because it tries to support two types of consumer at the same time.

The user site is deployed every time a release is made and is mostly
informational and link-based. It does not contain reports (except for
Javadoc, but Javadoc should be a deliverable and not a report) (and
xref, which again is not a report but a view on a deliverable). This
comes from maven xdocs/, but much of the stuff is turned off.

The developer site is generated on every Continuum build and contains
many reports. It also contains deliverables (jar, javadoc etc).

Another childish 'I WANT' is two types of build each time. It should
build against the specified versions, and then build against a scm
checkout of the dependencies (as with gump) where possible.

Thought I'd bring it up :)

Hen