continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Stevenson, Chris" <Chris.Steven...@DrKW.com>
Subject RE: multi-module maven 2 project
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:04:29 GMT
Gents,

Can I just check, did you setup your mvn multi module project by submitting
the parent pom and continuum working it out? Or did you have to create a
command line project?

I remember a while back that continuum couldn't build multi module projects,
except as a command line project..... Or am I going nuts..

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Johnson, Jonathan [mailto:jjohnson@454.com]
Sent: 27 January 2006 15:26
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: RE: multi-module maven 2 project

Thanks Emmanuel - comments below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net]
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 9:37 AM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org

Johnson, Jonathan a écrit :
> I'm using maven 2.0.2, Continuum 1.0.2 and java 1.5.  My project is a
> multi-module that is laid out in the recommended maven 2 manner and is
> building my projects (phew).  I have a couple questions about my
> experiences so far.
>

> 1.	When I change some information in my parent pom.xml (such as the
> developer list.)  do I have to readd the pom again.  Is there a
> refresh option?

>> Normally, the pom will be refresh automatically by continuum, but it
>> So actually, if your pom isn't updated in continuum, delete your project
>> and readd it.

I will file the issue.

> 2.	If I add my parent pom.xsl it adds all the child modules again
> and there are duplicate modules in the continuum projects list.  I
> then have to remove my old modules and readjust the local continuum
> settings such as the schedule and targets.  When I apply and updated
> pom, I wish it just updated them and kept my local continuum settings.

>> File an issue, i'll look at it.
>> Your modules was already in continuum before adding the parent, right?

Yes.  The steps are add a parent pom.xml file.  Notice the parent and all
submodules appear.  Not add a new version of the same parent pom.xml.  The
sub-modules will appear twice in the list.

I will file the issue.

> 3.	Removing projects from continuum can take several minutes.

>> If your project is big, it can take several minutes because we clean
>> all >> infos in database and directories.

The more classes in the module, the longer it takes, yet for a module with
<1000 classes is takes several minutes. I will file the issue.

> 4.	Adding project to continuum takes several minutes.

>> Only if you have lot of modules.

> 5.	Is performance being addressed or am I doing something wrong?
> I'm running red hat linux box with a decent processor.  My
> multi-module project only has about 1000 classes.  Its take me about
> 15 minutes to update a pom.xml in continuum.
>

>> Is it 15 minutes to checkout/update from scm or to build the project?

I takes about two minutes to do a CVS checkout of all the source.  Yes CVS
is slow, but is seems continuum is taking much longer to do a multi-project
add.  Once I have hard numbers I will file an issue.

Emmanuel

LEGAL NOTICE:
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail
by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure
or copying of the contents or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on
it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please
inform the sender immediately.
 ------

http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/ or contact the sender. 3166