continuum-users mailing list archives

From pherto...@mmm.com
Subject windows client to windows server cvs connection: wrong cvsroot value?
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 12:36:52 GMT
Hi,

I still have a problem in connecting from windows XP client to windows CVS
server using cvsnt.
I checked in faqs, documentation and mailing-lists, but still I'm missing
something.

This is the  entry in registry for cvspass variable:
:pserver:myusername@mycvsserver:2401:D:\dept\P-ITSource

This was put in the reg by running

C:\Documents and Settings\myusername>cvs -d
:pserver:myusername@mycvsserver:D:\dept\P-ITSource login
Logging in to :pserver:myusername@mycvsserver:2401:D:\dept\P-ITSource
CVS password: ********

The scm url in my project.xml is the following:

 <repository>

<connection>scm|cvs|pserver|myusername@mycvsserver|D:\dept\P-ITSource|testMaven</connection>
  </repository>

However, in the continuum.log I see this:

     cvsRoot: :pserver:myusername@mycvsserver:2401D:\dept\P-ITSource
890622 [Thread-1] DEBUG org.apache.maven.scm.manager.ScmManager  -
passFile: C:\Documents and Settings\myusername\.cvspass

I noticed there is no colon (and no pipe either) present anymore in the
cvsroot variable between 2401 and D

So I tried manually :

C:\Documents and Settings\myusername>cvs -d
:pserver:myusername@mycvsserver:2401D:\dept\P-ITSource login
Logging in to :pserver:myusername@mycvsserver:2401:\dept\P-ITSource
CVS password: ********
cvs [login aborted]: \dept\P-ITSource: no such repository

Could this be the error, or is it normal that this colon between 2401 and
D is missing in cvsroot in continuum.log?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Peter