continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Neil Padgen" <>
Subject RE: Cannot add Perforce project to Continuum 1.0.2
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:15:38 GMT

Yep, got all that.  However, we have a naming policy for our Perforce
clientspecs here (project-branch-machine), so I'm trying to persuade
Continuum to use that.

I'm not sure how to persuade Continuum to use a specified username for
Perforce though.  Our Perforce license grants us one automated
(non-human) user, who is called "background", so all automated processes
which use Perforce need to use that Perforce user.  It's unlikely that
Continuum will run as a user "background", so this will need to be

> Obviously there is a bit of gum in the works.  I'm planning
> on installing Continuum today and trying out a build of my
> own to see if I have any better luck.  I'll let you know how I fare.

Looking forward to hearing it! :-)

-- Neil

BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.