continuum-users mailing list archives

From Bob Herrrmann <...@jadn.com>
Subject Revision comments and starteam
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2005 02:15:19 GMT
Before the bitching starts, let me say I think this is a really cool
project.  Damn easy to setup and get running - almost a joy to use.  Looks
very slick.  Seems someone took a great deal of time and thought to make
everything as clean and simple as possible.  I appreciate this very much.

three issues or thoughts;

1. One nice thing about other build systems (anthill, cruise control) is
they include (in the change report) the comments of the checkins.  It seems
continuum doesnt provide these comments (at least not with Starteam.)  Is
this in the works? (I'm using an ant based project in continuum)

2. I also like to customize the build report a little.  AntHill lets you
modify the velocity template (thus we can add say a link to the unit tests
junitreport), Is there a way to do this in continuum?

3. I thought I might take a stab at looking at the source, so I thought I
would have continuum build continuum.  Seemed pretty easy.  Just create a
Maven 2 and use the URL to the POM and away it goes... it seemed to be
humming right along (it automatically created the 8 projects.)  But then it
failed to build them.  I was disappointed.   Shouldn't this *just work*? (I
know you probably are going to ask for more details....)

Cheers
-bob