continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Stevenson, Chris" <Chris.Steven...@DrKW.com>
Subject Creating build schedules for branches by connecting to Derby and issuing SQL- Is this madness?
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:28:38 GMT
Gents,

I'm not sure how hair brained this is but I was wondering if anyone thought
it would be feasible/desireable to write an m2 plugin which can create the
branch builds for a set of projects in continuum by connecting to the
database (JDBC) and duplicating the records but altering the SCM info (and
name) using straight SQL.

For example I have a project

scm:svn:http://server/trunk/projectA

which when I do a release I'd like to tag/branch off and then set up
continuum to build off this branch as well as build of the trunk.

Is it a good idea to go straight to the db to do this or is there a better
method that someone could suggest?

This issus is a major bug bear for us in my project and could save us 2-3
man days per month. Was thinking that there are probably others that have
the same issue?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Stevenson