continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Frank Zhao" <Frank.Z...@motricity.com>
Subject Errors when starting Continuum which is built on my machine
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 21:18:57 GMT

On Linux machine, I check out the Continuum trunk from the svn repository, run "./build.sh",
the compilation was OK (with a few test failure).

Then followed the README file, under the "continuum-plexus-application/target/plexus-test-runtime/",
I ran "./bin/plexus.sh", I got the following errors:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
method <init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V not found
        at org.codehaus.plexus.logging.log4j.Log4JLoggerManager.initialize(Log4JLoggerManager.java:202)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.personality.plexus.lifecycle.phase.InitializePhase.execute(InitializePhase.java:16)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.lifecycle.AbstractLifecycleHandler.start(AbstractLifecycleHandler.java:101)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.startComponentLifecycle(AbstractComponentManager.java:105)

I couldn't find the "Log4JLoggerManager.java" on my machine. It seems the jar containing the
Log4JLoggerManager.class is in the wrong version or mismatched with other classes and therefore
caused the "NoSuchMethodError".

Is there anyone on this list who recently build Continuum 1.0 on Linux? I have been working
on this for a week and have no idea how to make it work.

Thanks in advance!

Frank