continuum-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schulte ...@schulte.it>
Subject Re: Flat structure supported ?
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:42:48 GMT
Emmanuel Venisse schrieb:

> yes, it's supported, but you need to have your module accessible from
> parent pom url with relative path.
>
> if your parent pom url is http://server/path/rep1/parent/pom.xml
> and module name is ../mymodule
>
> then, http://server/path/rep1/mymodule/pom.xml must be a valid url
>
> Emmanuel

Hi,

the checkouts seem to work but I have to specify the relative path to
the pom.xml of the root module. I can do this in the gui of continuum
but this setting gets ignored. I get the following exception for the
root module although I configured the relative path of the pom to be
SCF_FW_ROOT/pom.xml. So I thought continuum would use the pom from this
directory (/opt/continuum/working-directory/1/SCF_FW_ROOT/pom.xml) but
it does not. Did I do anything wrong ? Its not using the pom I told it
to use and ignores the relative path setting to the pom.

753013 [Thread-1] ERROR
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController  - Error
while building project.
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutorException:
Error while mapping metadata.
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenTwoBuildExecutor.updateProjectFromCheckOut(MavenTwoBuildExecutor.java:91)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectoryContinuumAction.execute(UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectoryContinuumAction.java:59)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(DefaultBuildController.java:169)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:53)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:103)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenBuilderHelperException:
Cannot build maven project from /opt/continuum/working-directory/1/pom.xml.
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.getMavenProject(DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.java:265)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.mapMetadataToProject(DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.java:89)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenTwoBuildExecutor.updateProjectFromCheckOut(MavenTwoBuildExecutor.java:87)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Could not
find the model file '/opt/continuum/working-directory/1/pom.xml'.
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.readModel(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1061)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFile(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:291)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:283)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.getMavenProject(DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.java:257)
        ... 7 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/opt/continuum/working-directory/1/pom.xml (No such file or directory)
        at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:55)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.readModel(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1056)
        ... 10 more

If I go into "/opt/continuum/working-directory/1" and do "ln -s
SCF_FW_ROOT/pom.xml" to get the pom one level higher in the hierarchy
things change and the pom is found. One thing I noticed is this:

169097 [Thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2  -
Could not find the executable 'mvn' in this path:
169097 [Thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2  -
"/opt/continuum/Distributions/maven-2.0/bin
169098 [Thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2  -
/usr/local/bin
169098 [Thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2  - /bin
169098 [Thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2  -
/usr/bin
169098 [Thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2  -
/usr/X11R6/bin"
169099 [Thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2  -
Executable 'mvn'.
169099 [Thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2  -
Arguments: --batch-mode --non-recursive -Dscf.env=continuum clean
install deplo
y site-deploy
169099 [Thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2  -
Working directory: /opt/continuum/working-directory/1

I can do "mvn" on the shell and mvn is executed correctly and also
continuum is able to execute mvn. As far as I can tell everything seems
to start working as soon as I move the pom in the working-directory to a
place continuum wants to have it. The relative path setting gets ignored
however.

--
Christian