continuum-users mailing list archives

From Doug Douglass <ddougl...@denverdata.com>
Subject Re: pom.xml in a build directory
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 17:14:22 GMT
Wim,

Your problem is similar, but...

My project layout is:

<root>
+ build
++ project.xml
+ <module1>
++ project.xml
++ src
+ <module2>
++ project.xml
++src

Here's what I had done in my case:

   1) Add project using the "build" POM/project.xml

   2) Change the scm url in the continuum project definition to point to
the parent module ("module-name" in your case, "<root>" in my case).

   3) Change POM filename in the continuum build definition for the
project to "build/pom.xml" ("build/project.xml" in my case ).

Continuum should now properly checkout all the code in your "module-name".

In my case, the build then fails because I don't have a POM at the
"module-name" level, so the issue I reported had to do with continuum
not using the POM filename from the build definition. Your situation may
actually succeed because you have a POM at the "module-name" level.

FYI, a quick glance at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenTwoBuildExecutor.updateProjectFromCheckOut()

shows it has a similarly hard-coded POM filename as
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m1.MavenOneBuildExecutor.updateProjectFromCheckOut()

HTH,
Doug