continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <>
Subject Re: Errors when starting Continuum which is built on my machine
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 21:55:36 GMT
I don't have this problem on my windows machine but we have the same problem on continuous

integration machine. I'll look at log4j jar for see if it's wrong.

Frank Zhao a écrit :
> On Linux machine, I check out the Continuum trunk from the svn repository, run "./",
the compilation was OK (with a few test failure).
> Then followed the README file, under the "continuum-plexus-application/target/plexus-test-runtime/",
I ran "./bin/", I got the following errors:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
method <init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V not found
>         at org.codehaus.plexus.logging.log4j.Log4JLoggerManager.initialize(
>         at org.codehaus.plexus.personality.plexus.lifecycle.phase.InitializePhase.execute(
>         at org.codehaus.plexus.lifecycle.AbstractLifecycleHandler.start(
>         at org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.startComponentLifecycle(
> I couldn't find the "" on my machine. It seems the jar containing
the Log4JLoggerManager.class is in the wrong version or mismatched with other classes and
therefore caused the "NoSuchMethodError".
> Is there anyone on this list who recently build Continuum 1.0 on Linux? I have been working
on this for a week and have no idea how to make it work.
> Thanks in advance!
> Frank

View raw message