continuum-users mailing list archives

From Mark Hobson <markhob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding projects with parent poms
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 13:38:18 GMT
> I think I understand the pb.
>
> When you run m2 in cli, m2 doesn't use parent in repo but find parent in parent
> directories. In continuum, we have a project directory by module that doesn't contains
the
> parent pom, so m2 need to find parent in repo.

Not quite - in cli I've only checked out the single project, hence the
parent poms don't exist in any parent dirs.  Running m2 in cli causes
m2 to download the parent poms (from the bootstrap repo defined in
settings.xml), whereas running m2 in continuum causes m2 to complain
about missing parent poms.

Mark