continuum-users mailing list archives

From Mark Hobson <markhob...@gmail.com>
Subject Add project on linux
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:28:56 GMT
Hi there,

I've got continuum alpha4 installed on linux within a continuum user's
homedir, but am getting the following error in the logs when adding
projects via the ui:

org.apache.maven.continuum.store.ContinuumStoreException: Could not
make the build output directory: '/build-output-directory/6'.
      at org.apache.maven.continuum.store.AbstractContinuumStore.getBuildOutputFile(AbstractContinuumStore.java:68)
      at org.apache.maven.continuum.store.AbstractContinuumStore.getBuildOutput(AbstractContinuumStore.java:43)
      at org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.getBuildOutput(DefaultContinuum.java:328)
      at ognl.OgnlRuntime.invokeMethod(OgnlRuntime.java:491)
      at ognl.OgnlRuntime.callAppropriateMethod(OgnlRuntime.java:785)
      at ognl.ObjectMethodAccessor.callMethod(ObjectMethodAccessor.java:61)
      at ognl.OgnlRuntime.callMethod(OgnlRuntime.java:819)
      at ognl.ASTMethod.getValueBody(ASTMethod.java:75)
      at ognl.SimpleNode.evaluateGetValueBody(SimpleNode.java:170)
      at ognl.SimpleNode.getValue(SimpleNode.java:210)
      at ognl.Ognl.getValue(Ognl.java:333)
      at ognl.Ognl.getValue(Ognl.java:378)
      at ognl.Ognl.getValue(Ognl.java:357)
      at org.apache.maven.continuum.web.context.DefaultViewContextPopulator.getScalars(DefaultViewContextPopulator.java:57)
      at org.apache.maven.continuum.web.pipeline.valve.ContinuumViewContextPopulatorValve.populateViewContext(ContinuumViewContextPopulatorValve.java:77)
      at org.codehaus.plexus.summit.pipeline.valve.CreateViewContextValve.invoke(CreateViewContextValve.java:50)
      at org.codehaus.plexus.summit.pipeline.AbstractPipeline.invoke(AbstractPipeline.java:70)
      at org.codehaus.plexus.summit.Summit.doGet(Summit.java:54)

The error seems fair enough since it shouldn't be creating directories
at the root level.  I see the build-output-directory seems to be
configured within conf/configuration.xml, but this gets overwritten on
startup - what's the deal with this file?

I've tried the same under windows and it seems fine.  Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mark