continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Allison, Bob" <robert.alli...@qwest.com>
Subject [10b1] SCM Problems
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:10:46 GMT
I am trying to build a Maven 1.0.2 project.  The SCM URL in Continuum
is:
  scm:cvs:pserver:allisord@cvs.host.name:/opt/cvsroot:module-1.1

Every time I try to build the project, I get the following:
Exception:
Cannot checkout sources.
Exception while executing SCM command.
password is required

If I cd to the working directory and execute
  cvs -d :pserver:allisord@cvs.host.name:/opt/cvsroot co module-1.1
everything checks out fine.  The next build attempt after I did that
yielded:
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScmException: Error while update
sources.
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.DefaultContinuumScm.updateProject(Default
ContinuumScm.java:204)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.UpdateWorkingDirectoryFromScmCont
inuumAction.execute(UpdateWorkingDirectoryFromScmContinuumAction.java:51
)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(
DefaultBuildController.java:125)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.exec
uteTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:53)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$Execut
orRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:103)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.scm.ScmException: Exception while executing
SCM command.
	at
org.apache.maven.scm.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.jav
a:59)
	at
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.cvslib.CvsScmProvider.login(CvsScmProvider
.java:506)
	at
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.AbstractScmProvider.login(AbstractScmProvi
der.java:201)
	at
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.AbstractScmProvider.update(AbstractScmProv
ider.java:284)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.DefaultContinuumScm.updateProject(Default
ContinuumScm.java:177)
	... 5 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.scm.ScmException: password is required
	at
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.cvslib.command.login.CvsPass.execute(CvsPa
ss.java:127)
	at
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.cvslib.command.login.CvsLoginCommand.execu
teLoginCommand(CvsLoginCommand.java:57)
	at
org.apache.maven.scm.login.AbstractLoginCommand.executeCommand(AbstractL
oginCommand.java:44)
	at
org.apache.maven.scm.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.jav
a:55)
	... 9 more