continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Frank Zhao" <Frank.Z...@motricity.com>
Subject RE: Suggestions on implemeting the Continuum User Authentication via LDAP
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:32:37 GMT

Getting the userid and password is good enough.

Getting the user group info. from LDAP is nice since that can save some of the work of assigning
users to groups manually. However, that may make the Continuum depends on LDAP too much: any
changes to the user group have to go through LDAP. Therefore I prefer using LDAP only for
userid/passowrd.

Thanks,

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net]
Sent: Wed 10/19/2005 8:39 AM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Suggestions on implemeting the Continuum User Authentication via LDAP

With the actual code, you can't do it. Continuum code need a little refactoring for
support other user management implementation

- create a user management api project
- create a user management store project that use only database for
authentication/add/delete/search user
- create a user management ldap project with ldap access and database access

Which informations do you want to use from ldap? only user/password?

Emmanuel

Frank Zhao a écrit :
> Since we need this feature pretty soon, I am planning to make a patch for the LDAP feature
in Continuum. Any suggestions/hints on how to design/implement this feature will be highly
appreciated.

> In addition, how long do you think it takes for the implementation? This would be very
helpful for me to evaluate the work.

> Thanks!
>
> Frank

It is very important to us.

>>My question is will Continuum support LDAP for the user authentication? If not, is
there a plan to do that in the near future?