continuum-users mailing list archives

From Eli Doran <eli.do...@gmail.com>
Subject NPE in InitializerChecker when guest account is disabled
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 22:09:46 GMT
I just setup Continuum and received a NullPointerException when trying
to use disabled guest option. The problem is in
org.apache.maven.continuum.web.action.InitializationChecker at line
164.  I've included the neighboring lines below. The UserGroup is not
checked whether it is null so the call "guestGroup.setPermissions(null)"
causes the NPE. The same problem happens on my WinXP and Fedora Linux
machines. Did I do something wrong? Am I missing something. All I had to
do was check the guests box and it works fine.

Thank you,
~eli

        boolean guestAccountEnabled = getBooleanValue( map,
"guestAccountEnabled" );

        if ( guestAccountEnabled )
        {
            configuration.setGuestAccountEnabled( guestAccountEnabled );
        }
        else
        {
            UserGroup guestGroup = store.getUserGroup( "guest" );

-->       guestGroup.setPermissions( null );  !!!! This causes the NPE !!!!

            store.updateUserGroup( guestGroup );
        }