continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: Suggestions on implemeting the Continuum User Authentication via LDAP
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:39:26 GMT
With the actual code, you can't do it. Continuum code need a little refactoring for
support other user management implementation

- create a user management api project
- create a user management store project that use only database for
authentication/add/delete/search user
- create a user management ldap project with ldap access and database access

Which informations do you want to use from ldap? only user/password?

Emmanuel

Frank Zhao a écrit :
> Since we need this feature pretty soon, I am planning to make a patch for the LDAP feature
in Continuum. Any suggestions/hints on how to design/implement this feature will be highly
appreciated.

> In addition, how long do you think it takes for the implementation? This would be very
helpful for me to evaluate the work.

> Thanks!
>
> Frank

It is very important to us.

>>My question is will Continuum support LDAP for the user authentication? If not, is
there a plan to do that in the near future?