continuum-users mailing list archives

From Ashley Williams <agwilliams1...@mac.com>
Subject Re: can't get alpha4 to work with java 5
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:10:22 GMT
In fact I just did a chmod -R 777 *, on all the continuum files, and
I got a different result:

Starting continuum...

but when I did a run.sh status, it told me continuum wasn't running.
I thought perhaps it was creating
the app continuum directory but it wasn't. This was confirmed when I
tried to go to my continuum
website which failed also.

On 30 Sep 2005, at 10:57, Ashley Williams wrote:

> This is a fresh download of continuum.
> Just copied the app to my Applications directory using drag and
> drop in Mac OS X Finder.
>
> Still fails, this is what i did:
>
> > cd continuum
> > mv apps/continuum apps/continuumbak
> > bin/macosx/run.sh start
>
> which resulted in
>
> Running continuum...
> bin/macosx/run.sh: line 173: /Applications/continuum-latest/bin/
> macosx/wrapper: Permission denied
> bin/macosx/run.sh: line 173: exec: /Applications/continuum-latest/
> bin/macosx/wrapper: cannot execute: Unknown error: 0
>
> so I changed the wrapper file which had no executed permissions
> (not sure why):
> chmod 755 bin/maccosx/wrapper
>
> and ran again:
> > bin/macosx/run.sh start
>
> which resulted in
>
> Running continuum...
> wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console
> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _ftime
>   Referenced from: /Applications/continuum-latest/bin/macosx/wrapper
>   Expected in: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
>
> dyld: Symbol not found: _ftime
>   Referenced from: /Applications/continuum-latest/bin/macosx/wrapper
>   Expected in: /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
>
> Trace/BPT trap
>

> which makes no sense to me.
>

> On 30 Sep 2005, at 09:54, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
>

>> I use java 5, and it works fine.
>>
>> Remove your apps/continuum directory, and run bin/YOUR_OS/run script
>>
>> Do you have modified something in continuum conf?
>>
>> Emmanuel
>>
>> Ashley Williams a écrit :
>>

>>> Don't know if alpha4 is supposed to work with java 5 but I can't
>>> get  it to work, I just get the stack trace below. Yet when I
>>> switch back  to 1.4.2 it works fine. I'm actually trying to build
>>> a Java 5 project  so as a workaround is it possible to have a
>>> java 4 continuum session  launch a Java 5 build?
>>> Thanks
>>> AW
>>> 1    [main] DEBUG org.codehaus.plexus.PlexusContainer  - Found 3
>>> components to load on start
>>> 9    [main] INFO  org.codehaus.plexus.PlexusContainer  - Loading
>>> on  start [role]: [org.apache.maven.continuum.Continuum]
>>> 285  [main] INFO  org.codehaus.plexus.jdo.JdoFactory  -
>>> Initializing  JDO.
>>> 3144 [main] INFO  JPOX.JDO  - PersistenceManagerFactory -
>>> Vendor:  JPOX  Version: 1.1.0-beta-4
>>> 3146 [main] INFO  JPOX.JDO  - PersistenceManagerFactory
>>> initialised  for datastore URL=jdbc:derby:/Applications/continuum-
>>> latest/apps/ continuum/database;create=true
>>> driver=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver userName=sa
>>> 3863 [main] INFO  org.quartz.simpl.RAMJobStore  - RAMJobStore
>>> initialized.