continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: can't get alpha4 to work with java 5
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:51:41 GMT
it's weird. With plexus.sh, it's a pure java, so perhaps there are a pb in derby with java
5.

You can perhpas try with an other db like hsqldb (but don't use it in production, it's
only for the test). You can modify the database in apps/continuum/conf/application.xml.

Replace this :

           <!-- Apache Derby Configuration -->
           <property>
             <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>
             <value>org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver</value>
           </property>
           <property>
             <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
             <value>jdbc:derby:${plexus.home}/database;create=true</value>
           </property>
           <property>
             <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName</name>
             <value>sa</value>
           </property>
           <property>
             <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword</name>
             <value></value>
           </property>

by

                     <property>
                       <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>
                       <value>org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver</value>
                     </property>
                     <property>
                       <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
                       <value>jdbc:hsqldb:${plexus.home}/database</value>
                     </property>
                     <property>
                       <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName</name>
                       <value>sa</value>
                     </property>
                     <property>
                       <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword</name>
                       <value></value>
                     </property>

                     <property>
                       <name>org.jpox.transactionIsolation</name>
                       <value>READ_UNCOMMITTED</value>
                     </property>
                     <property>
                       <name>org.jpox.poid.transactionIsolation</name>
                       <value>READ_UNCOMMITTED</value>
                     </property>

I think you should remove this too :
           <property>
             <name>org.jpox.transactionIsolation</name>
             <value>READ_COMMITTED</value>
           </property>
           <property>
             <name>org.jpox.poid.transactionIsolation</name>
             <value>READ_COMMITTED</value>
           </property>

You must remove your apps/continuum/database directory before restart continuum

Emmanuel

Ashley Williams a écrit :
> ok, I've now tried this and got my original "failed to create  database"
> exception from this morning.
> To be clear, after copying a fresh application over I did the following:
>
>  > chmod -R 777 continuum
>  > sudo sh bin/plexus.sh
>
> Does this mean that there is a separate problem?
>
> On 30 Sep 2005, at 14:59, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
>
>> I suggest only to don't use the wrapper (bin/macosx/run.sh) due to
>> bug in it on OSX with java 5 and retry to run bin/plexus.sh on a
>> clean continuum install after you have set rights on files.
>>
>> Emmanuel
>>
>> Ashley Williams a écrit :
>>
>>> I don't understand what you're suggesting. I've read the bug  report
>>> and must confess I don't know
>>> enough about plexus, wrapper or OS X to even begin to understand
>>> what  the problem is.
>>> AW

525)
171)