continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: A couple of questions
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:56:32 GMT

Yann Le Du a écrit :
> --- Ashley Williams <agwilliams1000@mac.com> a écrit :
>

>>First of all when I add a new project and go to the info page I
>>always get the same message "Note: Project details are out of sync
>>with Maven POM" no matter what I do. It doesn't seem to do any harm,
>>but I was just wondering what it could be.
>

> I think the point is that the Project details (and Notifiers as well) are only
> imported from the POM in the first place. So, if you hit 'Edit' and do some
> changes, your Continuum project will indeed be out of sync with the POM.

Yes. Actually, this message is hardcoded, so it appears all the time. I'll remove it.

>>Also is there some reason why the pom needs to have scm details
>>inside? My thinking is that continuum already knows this because I
>>have after all told continuum of the scm address so that it could add
>>it in the first place.
>

> If, e.g., you use the upload feature, Continuum won't have any SCM info, so it
> will need to read it from the POM. Plus, it seems that the way it was designed
> is to have everything in the POM, so that you only need to add the project.

Scm info (and other prject infos: name, version...) are picked up from pom and put in
continuum database. You can modify them in project view, but they will be rewrite with pom

infos  when continuum will launch a new build.

Emmanuel