continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Merwin Yap" <>
Subject RE: Alpha 3
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 03:16:06 GMT
We have project that have the following structure:

Where [Project] project.xml contained the following:

I tried to build it with Continuum alpha 2 and it does succeed, used the
default setting of alpha 2. Installed in Win XP with Sun jdk1.4.2 and maven

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason van Zyl []
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:15 PM
Subject: Re: Alpha 3

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 11:23 +0800, Merwin Yap wrote:
> Hi! I’ve downloaded alpha 3 and got it running. While trying to build a
> maven 1 project, I got the following error:

> I have the same project running in alpha 2 and it seems that it does allow
> the ‘extend’ element.  Will the ‘extend’ element of the POM be allowed in
> next version?

I'm not sure how you got this project to build. If you checkout a leaf
project in maven1, there isn't any way for m1 to find the necessary
parent POM. We need to make an m1 project building that is intelligent
about find projects within a checked out m1 directory structure for this
to work properly.

Out of curiosity what settings did you use while running alpha-2?

> Thanks!
> Regards,
> Merwin

Jason van Zyl