continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Merwin Yap" <m...@exist.com>
Subject Alpha 3
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 03:23:39 GMT
Hi! I’ve downloaded alpha 3 and got it running. While trying to build a
maven 1 project, I got the following error:

org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutorException: Error
while mapping metadata.
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m1.MavenOneBuildExecutor.updatePr
ojectFromCheckOut(MavenOneBuildExecutor.java:89)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectoryCont
inuumAction.execute(UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectoryContinuumAction.java:45
)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(Defa
ultBuildController.java:183)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeT
ask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:50)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRu
nnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:103)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m1.MavenOneMetadataHelperExceptio
n: Cannot use a POM with an 'extend' element.
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m1.DefaultMavenOneMetadataHelper.
mapMetadata(DefaultMavenOneMetadataHelper.java:71)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m1.MavenOneBuildExecutor.updatePr
ojectFromCheckOut(MavenOneBuildExecutor.java:85)
        ... 5 more

I have the same project running in alpha 2 and it seems that it does allow
the ‘extend’ element.  Will the ‘extend’ element of the POM be allowed in
next version?

Thanks!

Regards,

Merwin