continuum-users mailing list archives

From Trygve Laugstøl <trygv...@student.matnat.uio.no>
Subject Re: Alpha 3
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:15:57 GMT

Merwin Yap said:
> Hi! I’ve downloaded alpha 3 and got it running. While trying to build a
> maven 1 project, I got the following error:

[snip]

> I have the same project running in alpha 2 and it seems that it does allow
> the ‘extend’ element.  Will the ‘extend’ element of the POM be allowed in
> next version?

Probably not as there is no way for Continuum to know if the parent
project has changed and as it doesn't check out anything further "up" in
the directory tree Maven won't ever find the parent project.

When Maven 1.1 is released it will use the same <parent> mechanism as
Maven 2 uses and  it should then be possible to build Maven 1.1+ projects.

--
Trygve