continuum-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Alpha 3
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:14:35 GMT
On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 11:23 +0800, Merwin Yap wrote:
> Hi! I’ve downloaded alpha 3 and got it running. While trying to build a
> maven 1 project, I got the following error:

[snip]

> I have the same project running in alpha 2 and it seems that it does allow
> the ‘extend’ element.  Will the ‘extend’ element of the POM be allowed in
> next version?

I'm not sure how you got this project to build. If you checkout a leaf
project in maven1, there isn't any way for m1 to find the necessary
parent POM. We need to make an m1 project building that is intelligent
about find projects within a checked out m1 directory structure for this
to work properly.

Out of curiosity what settings did you use while running alpha-2?

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org