continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Merwin Yap" <m...@exist.com>
Subject Mail service
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:05:17 GMT
Hi! I am using the alpha 2 version.  I’ve got a couple of questions:

1.	Mail

-          What do I need to enable the mailing service of Continuum?  I
have the following snippet in the POM but I am getting an error.

POM snippet:

  <ciManagement>

     <system>continuum</system>

     <url>http://localhost:8080/continuum/servlet/continuum</url>

     <notifiers>

        <notifier>

           <type>mail</type>

           <address>myap@exist.com</address>

           <configuration/>

        </notifier>

     </notifiers>

  </ciManagement>

Console output:

Build event for project 'MerwinB':Goals completed. state: 2

Build event for project 'MerwinB':Build complete. state: 2

2005-06-02 16:10:52,498 [Thread-4] INFO  Notifier:mail                  -
Sending message: From '"Co

ntinuum@MERWIN" <myap@exist.com>'.

2005-06-02 16:10:52,498 [Thread-4] INFO  Notifier:mail                  -
Recipient: To '<myap@exist

.com>'.

2005-06-02 16:10:53,430 [Thread-4] WARN  NotificationDispatcher         -
Error while sending notifi

cation.

org.codehaus.plexus.notification.NotificationException: Error while
notifiying.

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotifier.sendNotif
ication(MailC

ontinuumNotifier.java:177)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.notification.DefaultNotificationDispatcher.sendNotificat
ion(DefaultNo

tificationDispatcher.java:80)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatch
er.sendNotifi

action(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:128)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatch
er.sendNotifi

action(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:89)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatch
er.buildCompl

ete(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:77)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(Defa
ultBuildContr

oller.java:177)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeT
ask(BuildProj

ectTaskExecutor.java:50)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRu
nnable.run(Th

readedTaskQueueExecutor.java:100)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.continuum.ContinuumException: Exception while
sending message.

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotifier.sendMessa
ge(MailContin

uumNotifier.java:340)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotifier.buildComp
lete(MailCont

inuumNotifier.java:261)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotifier.sendNotif
ication(MailC

ontinuumNotifier.java:172)

        ... 8 more

Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.MailSenderException: Error while
sending mail.

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.simple.SimpleMailSender.send(SimpleMailSender
.java:118)

        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.mail.MailContinuumNotifier.sendMessa
ge(MailContin

uumNotifier.java:336)

        ... 10 more

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)

        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)

        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.simple.SimpleMailMessage.connect(SimpleMailMe
ssage.java:42

0)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.simple.SimpleMailMessage.<init>(SimpleMailMes
sage.java:202

)

        at
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.simple.SimpleMailSender.send(SimpleMailSender
.java:75)

        ... 11 more

2.	I have a project that has parent project (composed of subproject A
and B) which I added to Continuum. Upon running, I saw that the sub-projects
were added to the list of Continuum projects but there was entry for the
parent project. Is this the expected result? The sub-projects did build and
return an OK status.

Thanks!

Regards,

Merwin