continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Atkinson <brent.atkin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Issues under Java 8/Jboss and Weblogic 12c plugin
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 00:42:11 GMT
Hi Louis,

Thanks for raising this.

Project activity has been low for some time and as you know moving the
project to the attic has been suggested a few times now. This doesn't
suggest that the code isn't useful or that it can't continue to be used. If
that does happen, the project could be immediately forked and managed
outside of Apache project governance. You can read about the process here:
http://attic.apache.org/

As for a 1.5 release, I believe the code should be in a usable state.
However, the problem is getting the necessary 3 PMC votes to make an
official release.

As for the acute problems you are running into, you might want to post
specific questions here. For one, I can tell you that *building under Java
8 is not necessary to run under Java 8*. In fact, IIRC the jpox enhancers
are older and don't understand the newer byte code format. That means *you
will want to build on an older JDK version* in order to run under Java8+.
That shouldn't be a problem unless you are adding Java 8 specific source
code prior to building locally. As I said, If you can provide relevant
details, feel free to start other threads with your specific problems.

Brent