continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continue to use redback?
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 11:18:30 GMT
Hi,

On 12 May 2015 at 00:34, Brent Atkinson <brent.atkinson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> On multiple fronts I discovered that the project's dependency on Redback is
> a blocker for using Java 8 and configuring the application for the Servlet
> 3 spec. There are also larger issues with authentication, authorization and
> user/role management that will need to be addressed to improve the overall
> quality of Continuum going forward.
>
> It is not clear what the best strategy is for continuing:
>
>   * Is it feasible to continue to use redback since its migration to a
> sub-component of Archiva?

Note the redback version as archiva subcomponent is now without any jsp
related technologies.

>   * How difficult would this re-integration be in terms of required changes
> or level or effort?

need to add back jsp/tags

> If this is a considerable task, it may make more sense to patch (or
> recompile) the old version to unblock forward progress in the short term,
> while working to migrate to something like Spring Security in later
> releases. However, while trying to evaluate this as a possibility I had
> trouble locating the historical versions.
>
> * Where is the source code for the older versions (specifically, 1.3-M3)?

Here http://svn.codehaus.org/redback/redback/

Take care as codehaus will be soon shutdown.
I guess it's in branches as redback-1.3-Mx

Maybe this can be hosted as a branch in archiva redback git repo?

--
Olivier Lamy