continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Atkinson <brent.atkin...@gmail.com>
Subject Continue to use redback?
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 14:34:52 GMT
Greetings,

On multiple fronts I discovered that the project's dependency on Redback is
a blocker for using Java 8 and configuring the application for the Servlet
3 spec. There are also larger issues with authentication, authorization and
user/role management that will need to be addressed to improve the overall
quality of Continuum going forward.

It is not clear what the best strategy is for continuing:

  * Is it feasible to continue to use redback since its migration to a
sub-component of Archiva?
  * How difficult would this re-integration be in terms of required changes
or level or effort?

If this is a considerable task, it may make more sense to patch (or
recompile) the old version to unblock forward progress in the short term,
while working to migrate to something like Spring Security in later
releases. However, while trying to evaluate this as a possibility I had
trouble locating the historical versions.

* Where is the source code for the older versions (specifically, 1.3-M3)?

Regards,
Brent