continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Atkinson <brent.atkin...@gmail.com>
Subject Help with release process (rollback or not?)
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 19:08:25 GMT
Greetings everyone,

After chasing down the final pieces that I needed I started to prepare a
1.4.3 release for a vote. However, I realized that when following the
release instructions, I misinterpreted the order of operations for the
release notes.

I have performed the release process steps up to, but not including, step 6
from http://continuum.apache.org/development/release.html:

6. Call for a vote in the dev list and wait for 72 hours for the vote
> results. 3 binding votes from PMC members are necessary for the release to
> be finalized

The release notes that were tagged were not updated. However, since the doc
module does not appear to be versioned with the main project (it is
1.4.3-SNAPSHOT and not 1.4.3), can I just
update continuum-docs/src/site/xdoc/release-notes.xml and restage the docs
or do I have to go about rolling everything back?

Thanks for your help,

Brent