continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Atkinson <brent.atkin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with release process (rollback or not?)
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 19:19:38 GMT
Hi Mark,

Community members testing the releases and voting is helpful information
and possibly could influence a binding vote, but whether a release passes
or not depends votes from Project Management Committee (PMC) members.

>From http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html:

Binding Votes

Who is permitted to vote is, to some extent, a community-specific thing.
> However, the basic rule is that only PMC members have binding votes, and
> all others are either discouraged from voting (to keep the noise down) or
> else have their votes considered of an indicative or advisory nature only.
> That's the general rule. In actual fact, things tend to be a little
> looser, and procedural votes from developers and committers are sometimes
> considered binding if the voter has acquired enough merit and respect in
> the community. Only votes by PMC members are considered binding on
> code-modification issues, however.

I hope that helps. Thank you for asking!

Brent