continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: API documentation
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2014 01:17:01 GMT

On 10 Jun 2014, at 9:16 am, kata mapkon <kata.mapkon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Brett -
>
> I would like to pick up an issue >ticket< and get started, but I have no
> clue to how the modules interact with each other (or how the code is
> structured) apart from the maven structure.

There was a bit of discussion about the need to improve that structure here last month, which
you might be interested in if you missed it.

A summary:
- continuum-webapp will contain anything you hit from the UI, which you can trace down from
- continuum-core contains most of the actions for the engine
- continuum-model + continuum-store contains the data model for storing things in the database
- continuum-distributed and continuum-buildagent contain the engines when using distributed
builds. There's unfortunately some overlap/duplication.
- other modules that you see handle specific areas of responsibility like releases, notifiers,
etc.

I think those will give you the starting point for digging down to the right piece of code,
but you might find yourself needing to trace something.

> I could read the code, but I
> would appreciate some pointers so I don't look like a jerk when I submit my
> first patch -

Don't worry about that, we'll be helpful and appreciative of any efforts you're putting in!

> How do I get a JIRA account?

At the moment, you still need to sign up at http://xircles.codehaus.org/.

- Brett