continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Looking for testing on the Struts upgrade
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 00:31:29 GMT
I did as much testing as I could, and I've gone ahead and pulled a release together - will
put a vote out now. We can always roll again if any blockers are found.

Thanks,
Brett

On 23 May 2014, at 12:21 pm, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> On 23 May 2014, at 12:21 am, Brent Atkinson <brent.atkinson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have had challenges verifying using the web tests. It seems the tests are
>> not repeatable unless I rebuild the whole project. I recall that there were
>> some commits to ensure repeatable tests. Should I expect running clean
>> install in the continuum-webapp-test directory multiple times will give the
>> same result without a clean build?
>
> When you say clean build, you mean rebuilding the other modules? Yes, that should never
be needed unless you make changes. If you run mvn clean install in the webapp-test directory,
that will wipe out the whole installation and start over from the last built war, so there
should be no reproducibility issues due to existing data (though there might be some due to
general flakiness).

> The reproducibility commits where so that tests could be run repeatedly from the IDE
without cleaning the target directory or restarting the test server.

> That said, the testing I think would be most interesting at the moment are the things
the webapp tests don't cover - like pages where formatting doesn't look right. The Struts
upgrade changed some of the HTML tags they rendered.