continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running continuum
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 05:55:42 GMT
On 6 Jun 2014, at 1:06 am, kata mapkon <kata.mapkon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am new to the continuum project and I am interested in contributing to
> the project in anyway that I can -

Great!

> I have since read the FAQ and the documentation @
> http://continuum.apache.org/community.html - I managed to checkout the
> code, build it using maven and import it in eclipse -
>
> However, I am unable to run continuum - these are the steps I am using:
>
> 1. Build the entire continuum project - mvn clean install
> 2. cd to continuum-web
> 3. mvn jetty:run
>
> Jetty seems to load, however, navigating to localhost:9090/continuum is
> generating an error (OOM error). I changed my maven using export
> MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx3000m" in the .bash_profile, but this does not seem to
> solve the error -
>
> Is there something I am missing?

These are the settings I use to run it successfully:

export MAVEN_OPTS="-XX:+UseCompressedOops -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"

Can you try that from the shell, before starting mvn jetty:run, and see if that helps?

Perhaps your bash profile didn't take effect, or you're getting a PermGen error instead. If
it still fails, please paste the exception, as well as the banner at the end of the Maven
run that shows how much memory is used.

Thanks,
Brett