continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Atkinson <brent.atkin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using git
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 14:40:11 GMT
Louis,

Thank you for offering your feedback. My understanding so far was that we
were talking about the relevance and logistics of the different ideas. It
did not make sense to talk about schedule quite yet because it wasn't clear
we would want to do it. Also, I didn't think we were talking about making
major changes to the implementations necessarily.

The git migration is a source control-only change, it does not include
changing continuum's support for git. The talk about svnpubsub, the parent
pom and Apache CMS was in response to my query about what effects migrating
to read/write git would have on how we manage the rest of the project. It
should not affect functionality.

The source code reorganization would be about moving the code around to
redraw the module boundaries. While there might be functionality impacts
due to the scope of what would be changing, it would mostly be moving code
and not rewriting it (for now).

I think it makes sense to talk about release timing, but it probably makes
sense as a separate thread still.

Brent