continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Atkinson <brent.atkin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating selenium web tests to web driver from remote control
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 14:09:52 GMT
Thanks Brett,

I tried a number of versions myself and found similar results. I didn't
realize that the RC and WebDriver APIs were going through the same code. My
understanding after reading through the documentation was that RC and
WebDriver were completely different implementations: RC using Selenium Core
and the WebDriver implementations using native browser integration. I
thought that was the reason you didn't need selenium server with WebDriver
unless you use the RemoteDriver to proxy. Given that they are just
alternative APIs, I don't understand why people would choose to use the
alternative back-ends.

http://docs.seleniumhq.org/docs/03_webdriver.jsp#alternative-back-ends-mixing-webdriver-and-rc-technologies

I agree that if this isn't likely to solve anything, the effort involved in
transitioning doesn't make much sense.

Brent