continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Atkinson <brent.atkin...@gmail.com>
Subject Migrating selenium web tests to web driver from remote control
Date Sat, 17 May 2014 16:37:04 GMT
While trying to work on some issues and experiment, I noticed that the web
tests no longer work on recent versions of firefox (as you noted in the
readme Brett). It seems like there are some incompatibilities between
firefox 18+ and recent versions of selenium.

I was able to run the suite successfully by downgrading to firefox 17.
However, it appears from the changelog that recent versions of selenium
should be supported:

https://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/SeIDEReleaseNotes#2.3.0

Since remote control is deprecated, I am wondering if it might make sense
to try and migrate the web tests to web driver.

One thing I noted is that supporting tests for multiple browsers appears to
be a bit more difficult with web driver vs remote control (since it used
injected JavaScript). At present, how many browsers are we typically
running the tests for?

Thoughts?

Brent