continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Smith <dr.louis.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using git
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 11:09:01 GMT
Should all the initiatives under discussion be combined into a major
project?  Make this Continuum 3.0?  Include full GIT support, move to GIT,
re-factor (per the other thread), move reports to Apache CMS... Seems like
a HUGE amount of work has been discussed when you collapse the various
threads here.

How large is the Continuum user base at this point?  How would this impact
them?  What would the upgrade path be?

>From my point of view, I have nearly 300 projects (200 or so "active) in
one of my clients SDI.  With nearly 2 dozen support libraries, 10
multi-module,  80 "under development" up to the 64 in production.  Releases
are done almost daily.

A major "upgrade" impact would be something we would have to carefully
schedule - but it would actually be easier than 4 or 5 smaller ones.

Just random thoughts from the old man who hasn't had enough coffee yet...

Louis

Dr. Louis Smith, ThD
Chief Technology Officer, Kyra InfoTech
Museum Director, Veterans Memorial Railroad