continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project module granularity
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 05:27:13 GMT
Agree with what has been said here, and thanks for raising the topic.

I don't think there's been an explicit discussion about it within Continuum, and I think your
observations are correct - many modules have gone well over the deep end in being split up,
while there are things like continuum-core that contain the kitchen sink (and then some :)
There are other problems too - like a lot of code duplication out of core into the build agents,
and some tests that are slow due to using network or SCM operations.

The split is always a trade off. I think it's good to consolidate along the lines you described,
though I'd still make special purpose code (particularly with external dependencies) separate
- things like the notifier implementations, and release code.

Did you want to draft a module hierarchy that we can talk through?

- Brett