continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migrating selenium web tests to web driver from remote control
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 01:28:04 GMT
Hi Brent,

I just tried the latest version (Selenium 2.41.0, with Firefox 29.0.1), and the "Invalid Element"
error has gone away, though it now appears to be getting stuck waiting for an element in the
delete build result test. I'll take another look, but I'll commit it in case you have a chance
to look too.

The RC code is still using webdriver under the covers, so I don't think changing the API is
going to help with that specific issue (but I could be wrong!).

Changing the API used and giving them a decent clean up would certainly be beneficial, though
I think you'd find the other things you're discussing more beneficial. Personally, I've used
other tools that front-end Selenium as well as things like PhantomJS to write web tests recently.

- Brett