continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Pablo <proverb...@gmail.com>
Subject Creating project via xmlrpc in continuum 1.4.1
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2013 23:31:36 GMT
Hello all,

I am migrating one continuum instance from 1.3.4 to another new one 1.4.1
and for this process I am using the xmlrpc client.

The part complicated is create the project in the new continuum instance
because the methods available are

    //
    // Maven 2.x projects
    //

    public AddingResult addMavenTwoProject( String url )
        throws Exception
    {
        return continuum.addMavenTwoProject( url );
    }

    public AddingResult addMavenTwoProject( String url, int projectGroupId )
        throws Exception
    {
        return continuum.addMavenTwoProject( url, projectGroupId );
    }

    public AddingResult addMavenTwoProject( String url, int projectGroupId,
boolean checkoutInSingleDirectory )
        throws Exception
    {
        return continuum.addMavenTwoProject( url, projectGroupId,
checkoutInSingleDirectory );
    }

    public AddingResult addMavenTwoProjectAsSingleProject( String url, int
projectGroupId )
        throws Exception
    {
        return continuum.addMavenTwoProjectAsSingleProject( url,
projectGroupId );
    }

    public AddingResult addMavenTwoProject( String url, int projectGroupId,
boolean checkProtocol,
                                            boolean useCredentialsCache,
boolean recursiveProjects,
                                            boolean
checkoutInSingleDirectory )
        throws Exception
    {
        return continuum.addMavenTwoProject( url, projectGroupId,
checkProtocol, useCredentialsCache, recursiveProjects,
                                             checkoutInSingleDirectory );
    }

    //
    // Maven 1.x projects
    //

    public AddingResult addMavenOneProject( String url, int projectGroupId )
        throws Exception
    {
        return continuum.addMavenOneProject( url, projectGroupId );
    }

I don't know how the client can access to the pom and download it if the
repository access require user and password, but this information is not
passed to the method that create the new project.

I tried many way, but I can't create a new project by xmlrpc.

I want to develop a method that require us pass the ProjectSummary to
create the new project.

So, the question is if I just need do something like this:

- Add in ContinuumXmlRpcClient.java

public AddingResult addMavenTwoProject( ProjectSummary projectSummary )
        throws Exception
    {
        return continuum.addMavenTwoProject( projectSummary );
    }

- Add in ContinuumServiceImpl.java

public AddingResult addMavenTwoProject(  ProjectSummary projectSummary )
        throws ContinuumException
    {
        checkAddProjectGroupAuthorization();

        ContinuumProjectBuildingResult result =
continuum.addMavenTwoProject( projectSummary );
        return populateAddingResult( result );
    }

- Add Continuum.java

ContinuumProjectBuildingResult addMavenTwoProject( ProjectSummary
projectSummary )
        throws ContinuumException;

I didn't developed nothing yet. I'm just asking you before do something to
don't waste my time.

Must I to edit some class else?

Thank you very much,
Please, have a nice day!!!