continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Smith <>
Subject Re: Update installation requirements from Java 5?
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 23:58:17 GMT
I agree with the removal of 5.. I think we might even want to start
suggesting 7... 8 is at full feature with GA due in the spring.

I know I have been facing J7 issues with other products - so I don't see
any reason to hold back if any of the dependencies have already started to
move up.

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Brent Atkinson <>wrote:

> Greetings dev,
> The root cause of
> CONTINUUM-2712<>,
> is not clear at the moment, but when responding to it I couldn't help but
> wonder if we might want to update the installation instructions on the web
> site to suggest using Java 6 or later.
> If it turns out to be caused by a dependency continuum uses that is built
> with Java 6 or later, I am even more inclined to remove references to using
> Java 5. It is at end-of-life and will only become more common moving
> forward.
> Brent

Dr. Louis Smith, ThD
Chief Technology Officer, Kyra InfoTech
Museum Director, Veterans Memorial Railroad