continuum-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SNAPSHOT issue on 1.4.1
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 07:14:06 GMT
If I've understood you correctly, then I think that likely explains both problems. Maven's
remote repository is intentionally different to its local repository - the handling of snapshot
metadata differs, and there's no concurrency protection. If you are using "mvn install" to
populate a directory that is then served as a remote repository, it will cause some confusion.

I recommend you instead keep the default isolated local repository, and use "mvn deploy" to
push to the location you want. That can still be a separate file:// URL. Of course I'd encourage
running a repository manager, like Archiva (or Artifactory or Nexus), to manage that hosted
repository since it can also trim out the timestamped and released snapshots, as well as do
the proxying for the other artifacts that you have in there.

Hope that helps!

- Brett

--
http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter